Tuesday, February 16, 2016

REAL LEVEL PLAYING FIELDS

 http://img.theepochtimes.com/n3/eet-content/uploads/2016/02/16/AP_746314749323-676x450.jpg
Politicians love to use celebrities to make their political agenda points on topics as varied as climate change to gun control to children starving in Africa.

What's fair game for one ought to be fair game for another. After the recent Paris terrorist attacks, in particular the one at the concert where 89 lost their lives,, the lead singer of the band playing that  night, an American, had this to say as he paid his respects to those assassinated.

In an emotional interview with iTele, during which he cried, Hughes questioned whether France’s strict gun control policies have saved any lives. 

“Did your French gun control stop a single [expletive] person from dying at the Bataclan? And if anyone can answer yes, I’d like to hear it, because I don’t think so.. I think the only thing that stopped it was some of the bravest men that I’ve ever seen in my life charging head first into the face of death with their firearms,” he said.

“I know people will disagree with me… but that night guns made them equal. And I hate it that it’s that way. I think the only way that my mind has been changed is that maybe until nobody has guns everybody has to have them. ‘Because I don’t ever want to see anything like this ever happen again and I want everyone to have the best chance to live and I saw people die that maybe could have lived. I wish I knew for sure if they could have had a better chance because there were some real angels, real wonderful people in that show that aren’t alive today and I really wish they were.”
theepochtimes.com/n3/1967607-singer-whose-paris-concert-was-interrupted-by-terrorist-attack-says-everybody-should-carry-guns-to-thwart-massacres/

Don't let bureaucrats and politicians decide your definition of real level playing fields.

As we understand it the band is back in Paris again to perform.

No comments: